The 2020 Equity Institute provides you with a safe space to explore ways to achieve educational equity in our schools and districts with your colleagues and peers. In district teams of five or more, you'll learn ways to reflect on, establish, and reinforce equity practices amongst school staff that allow students to achieve to the best of their ability.
The Equity Institute includes four virtual, 3-hour sessions facilitated by speaker, trainer, author, and educator Cynthia DeVese. These sessions will focus on cultural mindset, student-centered teaching and learning, family and community engagement, and equity policies and practices. All sessions will be held via Zoom video conferencing on the following dates:
• Tuesday, September 15, 2020
• Tuesday, October 20, 2020
• Tuesday, November 17, 2020
• Tuesday, December 15, 2020
As a participant you will:
• Strengthen your knowledge, attitudes, skills, and practices to create culturally responsive learning environments;
• Develop strategies toward equity goals; and
• Receive expert guidance and facilitation to address gaps and challenges in educational equity efforts.
The cost for the program is $1,700 for school district teams of five staff members. For more information or to register, contact Dr. Sierra Austin at [email protected]