This four-part series is designed to provide and support instructional coaching skill in working with adult educators that ultimately impact student learning as well as create a professional, collaborative learning community for instructional coaches themselves. We will offer an additional session for those new to the instructional coaching role. The series will support the unique needs of those new to the coaching role and those experienced with instructional coaching. It will provide opportunities for coaches to develop and refine their practice, monitor their effectiveness, and create a network of support throughout the Central Ohio community.
Topics will include:
- Relationship building and adult learning
- Coaching conversations/questioning stems
- Instructional context for student success (e.g., use of high-quality assessments and high-quality instructional materials, learning environments and digital learning tools)
- Role of data—tools for success and monitoring
- Essential elements in literacy/numeracy coaching that impact student learning
- No cost to member districts (Cost covered by ESC)
- Each member district participant in this series will receive a professional coaching text. ($30 per participant)
- Non-member districts may participate if room is available for a fee.
Dates and Time: (8:30-11:30 each session)
- All sessions are planned to be onsite at ESCCO: 2080 Citygate Dr., Columbus OH 43219
- New Coaching Session: October 21, 2021 (for those new to coaching only)
- Session 1: October 28, 2021
- Session2: November 18, 2021
- Session 3: January 20, 2022
- Session 4: February 24, 2022
Deadline for registration is Friday, October 8.
SEATS ARE LIMITED therefore confirmation will be sent to participants on Monday, October 11.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact [email protected]
or [email protected]