The ESC is now accepting nominations for its Aspiring Leaders Program from member school districts and partner schools. The program was developed to strengthen school district leadership pipelines. Participants meet to get a better understanding of the essential responsibilities, skills, challenges, and rewards associated with school administration from a practitioner’s perspective.
This program allows school leaders to:
- Explore typical duties of a building administrator to help them make an informed decision relative to entering a principal-preparation program;
- Enhance leadership skills and recognize personal strengths and weaknesses;
- Interact with current building and district administrators;
- Complete a leadership project on behalf of their school or district; and
- Increase their knowledge and skills around the Ohio Principal Standards.