The three-hour Crisis Prevention Institute refresher training is a review and practice of safe, nonharmful, behavior management skills and approaches. The program is designed to help professionals provide the best possible Care, Welfare, Safety, and Security (SM) of individuals presenting a range of behaviors.
The purpose of this program is to build on the knowledge and skills needed to recognize and manage behaviors you may encounter in your workplace. Additional areas of focus will include Verbal de-escalation, autism-specific, and Trauma-informed/responsive approaches
• Identify and apply approaches related to the corresponding Crisis Development Model stages
• Practice and apply strategies to strengthen nonverbal/verbal communication.
• Develop, Practice, and Apply Limit-setting/Choice focused strategies to de-escalate defensive behaviors.
• Review, Practice, and Apply safety intervention strategies to maximize safety and minimize harm.
• Demonstrate and practice non-restrictive and restrictive interventions that are consistent with a set of physiological principles (If applicable)
• Explore a Restorative framework/COPING model to help guide adults and individuals through a process of re-establishing the relationship.