If you are interested in viewing open positions at the ESC, please select "Apply Now" at the bottom of this page.
The process below is required of all staff hired through the ESC and ESC-COG. Do not begin these steps unless you are applying for an open position.
To be an employee you will need:
1) Ohio teaching license
, substitute license
or educational aide permit
, if your assignment has you working directly with children (Use IRN 046938 for superintendent signature)*
2) BCI and FBI background check
results (Must have submitted results electronically to the Ohio Department of Education
within past 12 months)*
*NOTE: These are potentially time-consuming processes that may take up to 30 days, so please begin them as soon as possible.
- Upon accepting a position with a school district or agency, you will receive an email outlining new hire steps: New Hire Information.
- Create an ESC Employment Application account to complete and submit an application. (Note: Though an application may have been submitted to your school district or agency, an application also must be completed and submitted to the ESC or ESC-COG.)
- After application submission, you will receive an email notification to log in to your ESC Employment Application account and complete the required eForm.
- Register for and attend a new hire orientation. Bring acceptable verification documents to orientation to complete federal Form I-9 requirements. All requirements listed above must be completed before attending new hire orientation.