Project SEARCH is an intensive 9-month internship program that provides training and education. The goal is competitive integrated employment for students with disabilities.
The Nationwide Children’s Hospital Project SEARCH program will be housed on-site at the new Big Lots Behavioral Health Pavilion in Columbus, Ohio, starting in fall 2020. This program is specially designed for Central Ohio students in their last year of high school who have an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and/or have additional challenges. In this unique Project SEARCH program, all student interns, skills trainers, and departments will have access to an additional layer of support through Nationwide Children’s Hospital Center for Autism Spectrum Disorders (CASD).
Benefits to the student interns:
- Receive services in a supportive environment to prepare for employment
- Acquire competitive, transferable and marketable job skills
- Gain increased self-awareness, confidence, and independence
Benefits to participating business:
- Access to a new, diverse, talent stream with skills that match labor needs
- Interns and employees with disabilities who serve as role models for customers
- Increased performance and retention in high-turnover positions
Learn more by emailing [email protected]