Project SEARCH is an intensive 9-month internship program which provides training and education. The goal is competitive integrated employment for students with disabilities.
The Nationwide Children’s Hospital Project SEARCH program is housed on-site at the Big Lots Behavioral Health Pavilion in Columbus. This program is specially designed for Central Ohio students in their last year of high school who have an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and/or have additional challenges. In this unique Project SEARCH program, all student interns, skills trainers, and departments will have access to an additional layer of support through Nationwide Children’s Hospital Center for Autism Spectrum Disorders (CASD).
Want to attend an in-person or virtual information night in Winter 2022? Learn More.
Benefits to the Student Interns:
- Receive services in a supportive environment to prepare for employment
- Acquire competitive, transferable and marketable job skills
- Gain increased self-awareness, confidence, and independence
Benefits to the Business:
- Access to a new, diverse, talent stream with skills that match labor needs
- Interns and employees with disabilities who serve as role models for customers
- Increased performance and retention in high-turnover positions
To learn more about Nationwide’s Project SEARCH, please contact us at [email protected].