1) Register in Eventbrite and complete the onboarding/orientation through Public School Works (for those seeking substitute teaching positions only). Also on Public School Works site you may:
- Complete the ESC-COG Substitute handbook and test;
- Complete the blood-borne pathogen training and test;
- Complete any other required job-specific training, if necessary.
2) Complete the application for substitute teaching or non-teaching substitute position and create an ESC-COG Substitute Consortium Employment Application. (Click the red "Apply" button in the top, far right corner to begin.)
3) Obtain your Ohio teaching license, substitute license or educational aide permit (Use IRN 046938 for superintendent signature)
4) Complete both your BCI and FBI background checks (If you are not obtaining your background check(s) through the ESC, be sure to have results electronically submitted to the Ohio Department of Education and a copy mailed to the ESC of Central Ohio, ATTN: HR Department, 2080 Citygate Drive, Columbus OH, 43219.).
After all of the above steps have
been completed, your file will be reviewed by staff and you will be
notified by email when your Absence Management account is
activated. Absence Management will allow you to select job