1) If you do not already have a professional teaching license, please obtain a substitute license or educational aide permit from the Ohio Department of Education. (Use IRN 046938 for superintendent signature.)
2) Complete the application for substitute teaching or non-teaching substitute position. (Click the red "Apply" button in the top, far right corner to begin.)
3) Complete both your BCI and FBI background checks (If you are not obtaining your background check(s) through the ESC, be sure to have results electronically submitted to the Ohio Department of Education and a copy mailed to the ESC of Central Ohio, ATTN: HR Department, 2080 Citygate Drive, Columbus OH, 43219.).
- After your application has been received, payroll forms will be attached to your application account. You will receive an email once the forms have been attached. Log in to your ESC Employment Application account (substitute teaching or non-teaching substitute) to access and complete your e-forms.
- Schedule an appointment online to have your Form I-9 documents verified at Central Office or North Office and bring acceptable original identification documents for verification to the ESC office. Identification document verification must be in-person.
After all of the above steps have been completed, your file will be reviewed by staff and you will be notified by email when your Absence Management account is activated. Absence Management will allow you to select job assignments.