1) Register in Eventbrite and complete the onboarding/orientation through Public School Works. Also on Public School Works site you may:
- Complete the ESC-COG Substitute handbook and test;
- Complete the blood-borne pathogen training and test;
- Complete any other required job-specific training, if necessary.
2) Complete the application for substitute teaching or non-teaching substitute position and create an ESC-COG Substitute Consortium Employment Application. (Click the red "Apply" button in the top, far right corner to begin.)
3) Obtain your Ohio teaching license, substitute license or educational aide permit (Use IRN 046938 for superintendent signature)
4) Complete both your BCI and FBI background checks (If you are not obtaining your background check(s) through the ESC, be sure to have results electronically submitted to the Ohio Department of Education and a copy mailed to the ESC of Central Ohio, ATTN: HR Department, 2080 Citygate Drive, Columbus OH, 43219.).
- After your application has been received, you will receive an email notification to log in to your ESC Employment Application account (substitute teaching or non-teaching substitute) and complete the required eForm packet.
- Complete Form I-9. Schedule an appointment online at Central Office or North Office and bring acceptable original identification documents for verification to the ESC office. Identification document verification must be in-person.
After all of the above steps have been completed, your file will be reviewed by staff and you will be notified by email when your Absence Management account is activated. Absence Management will allow you to select job assignments.